Today is the last day we will use this format to practice what we've learned on the journey. Tomorrow, our last day together, we will look at the final item on our list of ways we hear from God: warning and foresight, spoken directly to our spirits. Like I said yesterday, I pray you've enjoyed the journey, and I pray you've been tuned in to God's voice. He's always speaking through His Word. Always! And the more we talk back to him (i.e. prayer, journaling), the more our ears get tuned to His voice.
- Grab your Bible and a computer or phone. Date your journal.
- Pray and ask God to open your spiritual eyes to see His Word like you've never seen it before. Ask Him to illuminate your understanding. Thank Him for living in you and speaking to you. Thank Him for this time that's dedicated to just you and Him, and thank Him for being completely tuned into you.
- Take this time to pray about what's on your heart. Just talk to the Lord like you would talk to your husband or wife or a friend. Let it all out.
- Then, go to www.biblegateway.com. Do a topical search for scriptures on something that you are facing right now in your life, or on something that you just want to know more about. Look to your Bible and go to the scriptures that are suggested to you. Allow these scriptures to be your study for today. God wants to speak to those areas that concern you and/or lay heavy on your heart.
- You can follow the SOAP method today or not, but either way, you will need to write in your journal to interact with God's Word. You will need to "talk back" to the Lord about what you read and how it speaks to your heart for YOUR life. This is you TALKING to Him. You're in conversation with Him when you're responding to His Word.
- Now pray and talk to the Lord about today's installment. Then, set a timer for 7 minutes, and sit in silence, but keep your mind focused on what you just studied. Keep your journal open. Should anything come to you, write it down.
I'm praying for you.