Sunday, January 15, 2023

He Cares About Your Marriage


If we’re connected in any way—even if only by way of social media—you know I don’t make any major moves without hearing from the Lord.

There are times when God will tell me exactly who and/or what to pray for, and sometimes, like this time, He won’t let up for a while.

For the past few days, marriages have been heavy in my spirit. I’ve been praying every day, but today, God gave me specific instructions to share with those who’ll listen.


God has shown me the heaviness.

He’s shown me the brokenness.

He’s shown me the disconnectedness.

He’s shown me the lack of peace.

 

God wants marriages whole.

He wants marriages peaceful.

He wants marriages joyful and fruitful.

He wants marriages to bring Him glory.

 

When people see marriage, they are supposed to see a physical representation of God’s relationship to the church—His love for her, His selfless sacrifice for her, and His joy in being with her.

He wants to restore marriages to His design, but it doesn’t happen without those in the marriage doing the work IN PARTNERSHIP WITH HIM.

 

IF YOU BELIEVE GOD HAS CALLED YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE TOGETHER, CONTINUE READING.

 

When God calls a thing to be, He gives it purpose. Your marriage has purpose. You two are one, and as a unit, you have purpose to fulfill TOGETHER. You’re on THE SAME TEAM, and God is your coach.

The only way you’re going to “win the game” and fulfill the purpose He has for your team is if He calls the plays and you execute them.

He created the team, so He has the plays. 

We’d be fools to keep playing the marriage game together, doing it our way when there’s already a plan in place for us, tailor made by the coach.

We HAVE TO talk to the coach.

We HAVE TO hear Him.

We HAVE TO follow His leading.

We HAVE TO run the plays that HE calls, how He calls them, and when He calls them.

As I said, I’ve been praying for marriages for a few days. Today in prayer, God gave instructions, and I believe if you’ll humble yourself and honor God with your obedience to what He’s saying here, you’ll begin to see a change in your marriage.

 

Commit 7 days to seeking God for HIS plan for your marriage.



·         Decide together how you will fast together for 7 days. If you’re already fasting at this time (with your church perhaps), readjust the confines of your fast so there will be a newness that’s dedicated specifically to this 7-day period of seeking the Lord for your marriage.

Fasting disconnects us from “the world” and outside distractions so we can connect to God. There is miraculous power that comes from fasting that is pure at heart and truly sacrificial. Fasting is to be coupled with prayer. The two go hand in hand. Learn more here.

·         Decide together what you want to pray for in the 7-day period. Create a list. 

                  One thing that MUST be on the list is... 

                  ‘What is God’s purpose for our marriage, overall? In 2023? What are we supposed to 
             be doing as a unit?' 

                   Commit to a time to pray together about those things every day.

·        In your personal prayer times for the 7-day period, ask God how you can be a better wife/husband to your husband/wife. Ask God to show you, YOU. I suggest writing down what you gather from your times in prayer.

 

THE ENEMY DOES NOT WANT YOUR MARRIAGE TO SUCCEED. HE KNOWS IT HAS PURPOSE, SO HE FIGHTS.

FIGHT BACK!

FIGHT BACK TOGETHER—DON’T FIGHT EACH OTHER! 

YOU’RE ON THE SAME TEAM!

 




Here’s how you fight back in your 7-day commitment. Knock out 1 item a day.

1.      Ask your spouse, “What’s something I haven’t done for you in a long time that you’d like me to do for you?” Then, do it! Do not look for your spouse to return the question or reciprocate with action. This is your singular act of service to him/her.

2.     Watch this podcast together. Make the time. If this has to be your “before bed” watch because it’s the only time you have together, then make the commitment.  Determine, together, when you’ll have a discussion about all that was presented in the video, if that’s while you watch, right after you watch or at another time in the 7-day period.

3.     The couple in the video gave a lot of “to do’s” in the video. One in particular was taking a walk together.  Do this with your spouse. Find a track or trail, or walk your neighborhood together without your children and without your phones. Talk. Reeeaaally talk. Listen. Reeeaaally listen.

4.     Find scriptures that align with what God has shown you (or what you already know) about the purpose for your marriage. Write them down and put them in different places in your bedroom. Pray and confess those scriptures over your marriage daily.

5.     Together, plan a hot date that costs no more than $25. See how creative you can be together. Go on that date and have fun! End the night by asking your spouse how you can pray for him/her. Embrace them, and pray for their requests. Ask them to do the same.

6.     Commit to attending church on the Sunday in this 7-day period. If you are regular attendees and one or both of you serves in a particular area, choose not to serve that Sunday so you can sit down and receive the word together. 

7.     Have sex in a new place.


          These do not have to be done in order. Complete the list however it works best with your schedules, but COMMIT. Get it done in the 7-day period.

           I'm praying with you and for you. I await the testimonies of healing and restoration.

            Iantha

4 comments:

  1. What if your Married to a Narcissist? He’s not willing to participate together then what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spirit of narcissism is tough. I understand. It's not impossible, however. The Lord tells us, clearly, in His word that some things "come out" ONLY by prayer and fasting, so my suggestion to you is to go on a 7-day fast alone. I'm willing to bet your spouse hasn't been narcissistic your entire marriage. Something(s) has caused his heart to harden, and no one handles hardened hearts better than God. In your time of prayer and fasting, ask God to reveal how you can help soften your spouse's heart so he'll desire to do things together like the things that are on the list. Narcissistic behavior is a symptom. There's a root. Ask God. He knows your spouse better than he even knows himself. Invite the Lord into the situation by shutting yourself up with Him, getting quiet, and tuning into His voice.

      Delete
  2. My God is Faithful to give you this word. Your absolutely right , he hasn’t always been like this. I’m truly fasting and praying for him because at times I truly believe he can change then I notice he worsens some days. The Holy Ghost then shows me the battle for his soul.
    I have been obedient to the point I have worshipped, studied the word and stayed in God’s presence until I’m exhausted.
    It’s my Husband, my Family and I love them all. Until God tells me to let I will keep believing God is Greater than this demon.
    I’m steadfast for my second heartbeat to dwell with my spirit and love of God again.
    God showed me in a dream snakes looking in the windows of my Home. I followed his instructions. My Trust, Confident and Love of God has increased, I realize like never before how much I need him first in my Life. This pain have been so unbearable sometimes that I feel as if I die some days, but then I find comfort in his presence. God keeps me,he soothes me, and it’s only in him I sincerely can breathe.
    I don’t seek pity, I’m fight for my marriage in its season of Worse๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ I’m sure some would say why would you allow yourself to put up with his wicked personality. Well my first obedience is to God. He’s saying be still and know that I am God. It’s painful, but I trust him, I Trust God and Yes I Trust TRUST GOD NO MATTER THE OUTCOME๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ•Š
    I needing prayers , no pity or sympathy Just prayers for God to Give me continued strength because I Believing God to soften his Heart. Close his ears to satanic lies, his adulterous ways, and all evil’s Souls seeking to destroy my marriage. I believing that God would bring confusion to the enemy camp! Everyone lie spoken against me is in God’s Hands. Thank you for allowing me to pour out.
    God is burning me BEAUTIFUL.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿง˜‍♂️๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete