Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening! (since we'll all be checking in at different times)
Your being here says a lot. It says...
- you don't hear from God, OR you don't hear from Him as clearly and/or as often as you'd like.
- you WANT to hear from God.
- you BELIEVE that it's POSSIBLE to hear from God.
- you understand how NECESSARY it is to hear from God.
Just a few things before we get started...
- MAKE a time in your schedule that you will set aside, DAILY, just for the purpose of the "14-Day Journey to Hearing from God" assignments. This will be your Quiet Time. This will be your Meeting with God. This is the time that belongs to only Him. I suggest no less than 20 minutes. If it's the same time each day, that's ideal because consistency fosters consistency, but if it's not because of how your life schedule plays out, no big deal. The quality of the time you set aside is what matters most. God wants your heart and your undivided attention; the time of day you give Him your heart and undivided attention isn't as important as your actual heart and undivided attention.
- Remember that we are all in different places with our understanding of who God is and what it means to hear from Him. Some things that the Lord has given me to share may be commonplace to you. It may be something that you have full understanding of, but as we progress, things may be more applicable to where you are in your walk with God. Don't abandon the journey because "I know that already". There is ALWAYS something to take from what's being presented. Chew the meat and spit out the bones. You'll know what's for you.
- If you haven't read the introduction to the journey, be sure to revisit that message so you can secure the materials you'll need and so you can join the Facebook group for encouragement and announcements.
Today, we're going to watch a video that will serve as the foundational video for the 14-day journey. We will revisit several points from the video throughout our time together, so make sure you're completely tuned in. After the video (# 1), take care of #2 and #3.
1. How Can I KNOW I'm Hearing God Speak To Me?
2. Personal Inventory
3. In your journal every day, you'll be talking to God. Date today's journal entry, and then tell God what you want out of this 14-day journey. Be specific and be real. Speak your heart; that's what He wants. If you're not much of a writer, meaning you'd rather not write things down, please don't let that be what keeps you from pouring your heart out to God. You don't have to write a book. You can list your thoughts in bullet format. If there's only one major thing you want out of this journey, so be it. You don't have to try to make it more than what it is, but make sure you're clear in saying exactly what you desire. There is no right or wrong way to do this. You know what you want and what you need, but it needs to be written so you can go back to it later.
I'm praying for you.